Soul Café invites you to join us once again as we come together to raise funds to support the homeless and vulnerable in our community. Sleepout for Soul is our big yearly fundraising event where 100 per cent of cash raised provides meals, food care packages and other essential services for our guests.
After the success of last year’s socially-distanced efforts, you can now choose how you take part. Grab your friends, family, workmates and a swag and bed down with fellow fundraisers at the main event. Or participate virtually via livestream from your backyard, lounge room, balcony, school or office.
However you choose to sleep out and support us, expect a great night of connection, engagement and fun! Together we can make a huge difference.
WHEN? Friday 21st May
WHERE? Bolton St car park or virtually
HOW TO REGISTER
In 2 easy steps, you will be on your way to supporting Soul Cafe!
- STEP 1: Register for Sleepout - you have 2 options, you can either register to sleep in the car park at Bolton St or at your own location!
- STEP 2: Set up your fundraising page - you can set up your individual page plus you can set up or join a team.
If you would like to create a group, for example, a collection of teams within your school or sporting club please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams can then all register under the group and work together or compete to raise money for Soul.
DOWNLOAD THE MEDIA PACK
To help your fundraising we've produced some posters and social media tiles that you can use to tell others that you're getting involved. Download the media pack
WHY HELP US?
- In NSW homelessness has increased by 37% since 2011.
- In 2019 Soul Café provided 42,357 meals and food care packages to vulnerable people in Newcastle (up 34% since 2017).
- Our Guests accessed services at Soul Café (including doctors, hairdressers, legal aid and many more) 2,496 times in 2019 (up 22% since 2017).
- Soul Café was born and bred in Newcastle. We are non-government funded and rely solely on the support of our incredible volunteers and local donations to keep our doors open.