- Join us in the car park or at home (virtual)
- Invite your friends to join us for Sleepout
- Come on a Soul tour and hear how we change lives
- Meet some of our team, volunteers and guests
- Together we can be ‘more than a meal’.
Soul invites you to come together and raise funds to support the homeless and vulnerable in our community. Funds raised provides meals, food packages and essential services for our guests.
Thank you for Sleeping out for Soul. Together we hope to raise $175,000 to support vulnerable and homeless people in Newcastle. See you online or in the Carpark on Friday 27th May!
Major Sponsor Announcement
Sleepout has never had a major sponsor before and so it is with great pleasure that we announce Insync Design & Building as the Major Sponsor for 2022 Sleepout for Soul. As a result of their sponsorship covering Sleepout production costs, all the money raised will go directly to supporting Soul guests.
Please feel free to visit their social media to read more about the great work they do here.
How to register
In a few easy steps, you will be on your way to supporting Soul Cafe!
Register for Sleepout – you have 2 options.
- Sleepout in the Bolton Street Car Park and enjoy a fabulous night under the stars with the Soul family.
- Register to Sleepout at your own location – in your backyard, your local club, at a friend’s house anywhere but in your comfy bed!
When you register, an individual fundraising page will be automatically set up for you and anyone else that you register. Each registrant will receive an invite from Soul Cafe to the registered email address which you will need to accept to be taken to your fundraising page.
You will also have the option to start or join a team at the time of registering, if you set up a team you will also receive another invite from Soul Cafe which you will need to accept to be taken to your team page.
On all of your fundraising pages, you can personalise with images, messaging and set your fundraising goals. Then you can share with your family, friends, and colleagues and start fundraising for the 2022 Sleepout for Soul!
If you have issues with the registration process please email email@example.com and provide us with as much information as possible so we can help.
The Virtual Sleepout will begin at 6.30pm and will be hosted by our Soul Team. The live stream will be on Zoom for 90mins and will include interviews, live music, stories of transformed lives and a virtual tour of Soul. We’d love you to share where you’re sleeping and post pics to our Facebook page on the night.
Bolton Street Car Park
For those of you joining us in the Bolton St Car park, the main thing is to arrive early to get your sleeping area set up, and then you can get involved and mingle with everyone over the course of the night. Whether you wish to do a little or a lot, there will be something for everyone.
Arrival and check-in
Discounted overnight parking is available between 6pm and 8am – arrive after 6pm Friday and leave before 8am Saturday for only $5 (which will be donated back to Soul). Arrive or leave outside that period and standard commercial parking rates apply.
On arrival, please check-in at the registration tent on Level 8 before setting up.
6pm | Arrive, Register and set up your sleeping area
6pm – 7.15pm | Food van, coffee cart, live music & more
7.15pm – 7.45pm | Welcome Speech (by Soul CEO Rick Prosser)
7.45pm – 9.45pm | Tours of Soul (with dessert and more)
8.15pm – 9.45pm | Firepits, competitions, auction, complimentary supper, giant Jenga, more live music & much more
10pm | End of formal activities
What to bring
- Swag, sleeping bag, doona, blanket, small mattress, etc
- Whatever you will be comfortable to sleep in (eye mask, PJs, very very warm clothes!)
- Cash (for raffles, food trucks, auctions)
- Foldup chair
- Drinks, nibbles and snack food
Other relevant information
- Sleepers are welcome to bring alcohol to enjoy sensibly on the night.
- For those who wish to smoke, there will be a designated smoking area on Level 6.
- We also kindly ask that you do not bring dogs, pets, bikes, skateboards, ball games etc, to Sleepout for the safety of others.
- Both permanent (and portable) toilet facilities are on-site and easily accessible by lift. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Security Guards will be on patrol at Sleepout 6pm till 6am. Personal possessions are the participants’ responsibility. Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at the event.
- Please use rubbish & recycling bins provided.
- To report a concern, hazard or incident at Sleepout please contact Matt 0403 924 812 or approach a Soul Team member (wearing an orange vest).